October 12 – October 14, 2018
Are you a lay leader at a local church that is trying to implement house church ministry? Or are you a current or potential shepherd at a local church that has already started to implement house church ministry but you want to know how to be a great shepherd? If you are in any of these positions, then we invite you to attend the House Church Seminar for Lay Shepherds to:
- Learn the biblical reasons for and principles of doing house church ministry
- Learn the practical steps of implementing house church ministry in your local church
- Experience our House Church ministry ﬁrst hand
- Hear from Pastors, Shepherds, Shepherdsʼ wives, and congregation members about how House Church has transformed their lives
House Church Seminar Objectives
- We help churches and pastors who share the common dream to establish their house church ministry well.
- We provide coaching to pastors so that they can build God’s church through their lay leaders.
- We help churches regardless of their denominations or differences.
- We actively support churches in strategic locations for planting of house church or converting to house church.
- We assist churches that have already adopted house church by providing them with analysis, evaluation, and consultation.
The cost of the seminar, including food and lodging, is a registration deposit of $100 per individual. However, we will return your deposit to you upon completion of the seminar. We are committed to House Church ministries.
If you would like to register for the seminar, please complete the online registration. Once your registration has been approved you will receive notification to send in your registration deposit. We will fully refund the deposit at the completion of the seminar. We recommend that couples attend the seminar together. Space is limited and registration will close when full or by September 15, 2018.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2018 at 9AM CST.
How to send in your Registration Deposit
Approved seminar attendees will receive an email notification with instructions to send in your seminar deposit fee. You will have 5 business days from the date of the email notification to send in your deposit. If we do not receive it within 5 days then you risk losing your seat at the seminar.
From USA: Please send a check or money order (payable to New Life Fellowship) in the amount of $100 per person.
From other non-US locations: Please send in the International Money Order (payable to New Life Fellowship) in the amount of $100 per person.
Payments should be sent to:
- New Life Fellowship
- Attn: HC Seminar
- 7777 Fairbanks N. Houston
- Houston, TX 77040 USA
We will email you a confirmation notice after we receive your deposit. Please do not purchase an airline ticket until you receive the confirmation notice.
- For more information about House Church Seminar, please contact our House Church Seminar Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notes about the House Church Seminar for Lay Leaders
- Only members of churches where the senior pastor has attended a House Church Seminar in the past are allowed to attend. If the Senior Pastor does not know anything about House Church ministry but the members become excited about it, this can create major problems for the church.
- The seminar starts sharply on Friday at 2PM. Please arrive in Houston either Thursday afternoon or on Friday before 12PM. Lunch will be served first at 12:30PM on Friday. West Coast participants are strongly encouraged to arrive by Thursday evening to avoid being late on Friday.
- If you are traveling internationally, please consider jetlag and allow an extra arrival day to give you time to adjust for the start of the seminar.
- Sunday worship is an important part of the seminar. You need to experience Spirit-filled Sunday worship in order to succeed in the house church implementation. Therefore, please register only if you can attend Sunday worship. Please make your departure flight after 3PM Sunday.
- Please refrain from accepting any speaking engagements or visiting relatives until the completion of the seminar in order for you to be able to focus on the seminar.
- Lodging will be provided by a hosting house church shepherd to which you will be assigned. Since each house church shepherd will be assigned two seminar attendees, there is a possibility that one may need to sleep on the floor. Your host will contact you to discuss details.
- Your hosting house church will pick you up and drop you off at the airport. Since you will be contacted by your hosting house church shepherd, please share all your information in regards to your trip itinerary with him or her.
- Please read “House Church” by Young G. Chai with Daniel Chai. You can order one from New Life Fellowship by contacting our church administrative assistant at 713.896.7755.
House Church Seminar for Lay Leaders – Sample Schedule
|9:00 – 12:30 PM||Registration
(*We invite you to join us for breakfast and refreshments if you arrive early. Luggage can be checked in and stored in Multipurpose Room.)
|NLF Fellowship Hall|
|12:30 – 1:00||Lunch||SBC Fellowship Hall|
|1:00 – 2:00||Introduction||SBC Fellowship Hall|
|2:00 – 3:45||Session I||NLF Classroom 800|
|3:45 – 4:15||Break|
|4:15 – 6:00||Session II||NLF Classroom 800|
|6:00 – 7:30||Dinner & Introduction||SBC Fellowship Hall|
|7:30 – 9:30||Testimony #1 & Session III||NLF Classroom 800|
|7:45 – 8:30 AM||Breakfast||SBC Fellowship Hall|
|8:30 – 10:00||Testimony #2 & Session IV||NLF Classroom 800|
|10:00 – 10:20||Break / Group Photo|
|10:20 – 12:00 PM||Testimony #3 & Session V||NLF Classroom 800|
|12:00 – 1:30||Lunch||SBC Fellowship Hall|
|1:30 – 3:00||Testimony #4 & Session VI||NLF Classroom 800|
|3:00 – 3:30||Break|
|3:30 – 5:15||Testimony #5, Session VII and Q&A||NLF Classroom 800|
|5:15 – 5:30||Break|
|5:30 – 6:20||Devotion||NLF Classroom 800|
|7:00||House Church||House Church|
|11:00 – 1:00 PM||Sunday Corporate Worship||NLF Sanctuary|